Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
01 Sephia, 12 300C, 69 Camaro, 85 Camaro, 99 F350SD, 01 E320 4Matic, 89 Bronco
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just swapped an 03 Spectra engine into my 01 Sephia. (40% of the crank nose on the Sephia just... well... broke off: cheaper to get a used engine then to replace the crank. Faster, too.)

Everything engine-wise worked out very well.

BUT, where I screwed up, apparently, was disconnecting the clutch slave cylinder off the trans.

I've been working on cars (hobbyist) for 40 years. But I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to bleed this thing.

The clutch worked perfectly when I parked the car.

Now, I've done everything I can think of to bleed this, including paying $40 for a vacuum tool. I bled the clutch master, bled the clutch line to the slave, but could not really bleed the slave cylinder: I get excellent fluid flow at the end of the line TO the slave cylinder, but very little flow OUT of the slave cylinder.

Also, the clutch pedal sits about 4 inches from the bottom of the floor. Push it to the floor, (very little resistance) release it and it comes back up about the same 4 inches.

Again, this worked perfectly until I took the slave off.

Should I just replace the master and the slave? Am I overlooking something?

I hate to throw parts at a problem so I thought I'd check in here before I run out and get the 2 new pieces.

Any help would be appreciated... thanx!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That's OK. I figured out how to do it (Wrap Teflon tape around the bleeder nipple threads to make fitting air tight and vacuum bleed the system.)

Unfortunately, it didn't work vis the clutch master cylinder (Still no resistance, still sitting about 4 inches off the floor) so I'm going to replace the master cylinder and then the slave.

Thanks to all who reviewed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For me, it was a bad clutch master cylinder. And that's bizarre, since it was working fine when I parked it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts