Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2.0 EX - 2015
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have the Sportage 2015 2.0 EX model with me. The car has run around 1800Km's. Since the past few weeks I am hearing a weird clunking noise from the rear whenever I go over some bumps or there is a change in terrain. The sound definitely does not come from suspension or from the under of the vehicle. So far I have tried all this:

- Checked rear seatbelts
- Checked the rear seat locks
- Check the boot

The boot only has a spare tyre which is locked properly in place, the tyre jack and the warning triangle. There is nothing else in there. What more can I do to figure out from where this noise is coming from? It drives me crazy while driving :D

·
Registered
Sportage LX AWD 2014, Forte LX+ 2014
507 Posts
Did you purchase the car from dealer? New or used? If it's still under warranty then take it to the dealer.
Also check rear lift gate, it has rubber stops that are adjustable by turning them in our out to improve gate's contact with the car body and may eliminate the rattle if you turn them out (counter clock wise) a bit.

·
Registered
2015 Sportage CRDi
1 Posts
Good Day

Fold the rear seats down. Put electrical black insulation tape around the metal bar onto which the seat latch clips onto - thereafter latch the rear seats back into position.

Alternatively, before doing the above, fold both rear seats down and see if the noise goes away. If it does then do the above with the electrical insulation tape

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX (AWD) - White
213 Posts
Wrap some electrical tape around your rear seat latches. The tolerance on the latches for the fold down seats suck so they rattle around a bit. I had the same issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts