1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!
Finally a place where I can air my complaints and others not only listen, but
understand what I'm talking about.
We purchased a 2004 Sedona EX on February 9, 2005 and by February 14, 2005 it was into the dealership for it's first CLUNK!
That this point struts and mounts were replaced. CLUNK got a little better for
a short time but returned with a vengance. Was told to wait for a new dealer to
open him Repair Shop in dealership in May and they would take care of.
Since then, they have changed the steering rack, front rotors and pads (1st
replaced Sept04 we now find out), rear drivers shock, passengers rear hub has
been packed & sealed three times and now totally replaced. STILL THE CLUNK!!
We, at 24,000km, are having our front tires wearing off. We have rotated
front to back and the fronts are doing the same at 31,000km. Is anyone else having problems with uneven tire wear?? KIA tells me it the tires and Hankook representative tells me it's mechanical. This is as irritating as the CLUNK considering by 40,000km we will have to keep replacing tires.
Last week Sedona was in shop for 3 days and gone over with a fine tooth comb.
Nothing mechanically wrong was found but mechanic acknowledged on the bottom of invoice the CLUNK still exists and is not an obvious safety issue. Did any of the
rest of you Sedona owners remember the brochure stating Enjoy your CLUNK with you new Sedona?? We sure didn't.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you haven't already done so, take a look at "Sedona Front Struts" on this forum.

This "strut" problem is well know and has been going on for at least three model years. I'm surprised that the dealer did all that work (it was under warranty, wasn't it?), but I'm not that all surprised that the problem wasn't fixed. If the problem was only with the struts, I'm sure that KIA would have fixed it by now, but I think that it goes beyond struts. My guess is that KIA has a fundamental design flaw with the Sedona that would cost a fortune to fix. Perhaps it's a spot weld they left out; perhaps there's some sheet metal that's too thin; perhaps some missing support brackets....... this is only speculation on my part, but you can be sure that KIA does know what's causing this problem, and they just won't (can't???) fix it. Also, with an entirely new Sedona due out in 2006, KIA really doesn't have that much of an incentive to do anything. Martythed --- 2005 Sedona LX

1 - 2 of 2 Posts