Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving the sorrento to school and there was a clumping sound in the engine. I had it towed to the nearest dealer and they say we ran it out of oil. This did not happen the oil was full so we had it towed to the next dealership and are waiting for a call from them. Has anyone had this problem before? If so, could you please post what the problem was. Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
A dealer can't tell whether there is oil in the engine ot not??????????????????????

Any dashboard warning lights?

Manual or automatic?

Diesel or petrol?

·
Registered
2005 Sorento ex v6 automatic
537 Posts
Originally posted by Stephanie r@Oct 29 2005, 09:29 PM
I was driving the sorrento to school and there was a clumping sound in the engine. I had it towed to the nearest dealer and they say we ran it out of oil. This did not happen the oil was full so we had it towed to the next dealership and are waiting for a call from them. Has anyone had this problem before? If so, could you please post what the problem was. Thanks
your engine my have swallowed a piece of the intake plemun or throdle body that breaks off (not uncomon) like mine did (i beleive these Hyundai sigma 3.5 D engines all have two stage intake plenums, which maybe where the failed part orignates from

the broken piece goes into one of the cylinders and makes a clicking/knocking noise

Kia knowes about the problem, it happens in both the sorento and the sedona

they installed a new engine in mine and took them almost a month to do so but rented me a jeep grand cherokee at no charge

see link below on this engine usage 3.5 engine

http://www.answers.com/topic/hyundai-sigma-engine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it was full of oil their saying we ran it out of oil at some point and put more oil in it which is not true. It is automatic and uses petrol and just the check engine light came on and I pulled over immediately and had it towed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts