Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our new '05 Sorento is all we had hoped, but for one little niggle - the dashboard clock will not remember the time after the ignition has been off for a while (as in overnight).

Everything else works fine.

Dealer is stumped.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: - just learned how to use the search function here. Sorry!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tell your dealer that they have to put a new clock in. I had the same problem and they just put a new one in for me. If you want to know my service dealer drop me a note and I will send it to you.

Tamara

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah there is a rash of clock failures, and the replacement clocks are on national backorder and awaiting a shipment from Korea. The dealer is well aware of the problem and will advise when their allocation arrives. Are you also plagued by the Passenger side air bag light? This also seems to a troublesome issue with the '05. While you are at the dealer buy a couple of bottles of Kia Red-1 ATF, if you have a 5 speed auto. This is the only fluid approved for this transmission. The owners manual mentions use of Mobil D-II, but this is only available at the dealer and no other Mobil retailer handles it.

Good luck with the Kia........

·
Registered
17 Posts
The clock issue affects Kias worldwide. I too had to replace my clock in SE England. Procedure takes about 40 mins (part of dash is removed). If you are lucky you might get a clock that functions and was not in the faulty 05 batch, else you may have to wait until the new batch arrives at your dealer (we were lucky and the replacement worked).

Refer the dealer to Kia who will confirm the clock issue.

However, the airbag issue should not affect you as we do not have the airbag seat sensor option on the UK models (as reliably informed by Kia's UK customer services when I referred the airbag issue within this forum to them).

Still a fantastic car though!!!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
All dealers should have got a bulletin about the clock issue, affects about 3 months worth of production!
At moment, clocks are on back order, please be paitent with your dealer, theres nothing they can do about that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts