Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a recent trip to the mechanic to replace the wiper fluid container, the clock was first completely wrong (date too) and now it just shows dashes. In Settings > Clock everything except GPS is grayed out (and toggling HOS on and off does nothing).

What could this be? Is there no way to manually set the clock?

Thanks!
Annik
2017 Sportage Turbo

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,303 Posts
After a recent trip to the mechanic to replace the wiper fluid container, the clock was first completely wrong (date too) and now it just shows dashes. In Settings > Clock everything except GPS is grayed out (and toggling HOS on and off does nothing).

What could this be? Is there no way to manually set the clock?

Thanks!
Annik
2017 Sportage Turbo

Please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

·
Registered
2017 Sportage Turbo
2 Posts
I just started having the same clock issue. The display is showing just horizontal lines and the setup only shows the GPS selection as not grayed out. I'll have to check the location of the head and fuse or I'll just pull the battery terminal to reset.

Not sure if there is a specific amount of ti.e to have power off to get a proper reset? Chime in if anyone knows.

BDD

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportage SX AWD / Mineral silver with beige interior
987 Posts
Dealer told me it's an update and to do NOTHING.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,303 Posts

·
Registered
'17 Sportage EX Prem/Tech
105 Posts
Glad to see this post. Was thinking my GPS was messed up. Same exact thing as others here. I am going to sit tight and see if it resolves on it's on. Sounds more widespread than just Sportage owners.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing happened to me, yesterday clock and date changed to year 2036, and today can't modify clock, it's all greyed.

Sportage 2016 gt line (Middle East)

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,303 Posts

·
Registered
2017 AWD Sportage SX Black Cherry/Beige
311 Posts
So I've had this issue with the dashes for several months. It always cleared itself up within a minute or so until yesterday. Now its a solid failure. Pics show what I see and I suspect what others do too. Guess its the Y2K bug finally biting us in the arse..... Dealer trip tomorrow to see if they have heard of it or feign ignorance...

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our Sportage did this same thing yesterday. Near the power/volume button on the dash is a little hole with a reset button in it. Hit it (used a paper clip folded out) and the UVO and GPS reset and it fixed the issue. Still working today. On a positive note - none of the settings of the radio (channels/audio/cell phones pairings) were lost. Easy 5 second fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
BTW -My Forte Koup didn't do this. It has XM radio, but no GPS. Probably just happening on Navigation equipped cars.

·
Registered
'17 Sportage EX Prem/Tech
105 Posts
Will I Am........I used the paper clip to reset and it worked for me. Took me about 3-4 times before it worked but it did eventually. Like you said.....kept all presets etc.

·
Registered
2017 AWD Sportage SX Black Cherry/Beige
311 Posts
Took a ballpoint pen and did the reset this morning. Worked perfectly.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage SX
32 Posts
2017 Sportage SX same thing happened to me. Must've been a bad GPS time push. I ended up setting it manually once because the android auto wasn't working since time was out of sync. Worked for a day. Then I got the blank lines and nothing was working. Couldn't set manual only toggle GPS which did nothing. I used a pen and the reset button above the power / FM button. Had to do 2 resets. Worked fine after. No presets lost. Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,303 Posts
2017 Sportage SX same thing happened to me. Must've been a bad GPS time push. I ended up setting it manually once because the android auto wasn't working since time was out of sync. Worked for a day. Then I got the blank lines and nothing was working. Couldn't set manual only toggle GPS which did nothing. I used a pen and the reset button above the power / FM button. Had to do 2 resets. Worked fine after. No presets lost. Thanks guys!
Please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

·
Registered
2019 Kia Forte EX, 2020 Kia Soul EX, 2002 Corvette Z06
104 Posts
SSportage....you said the dealer said to do nothing...to your knowledge is it something that will correct itself or do I need to reset or pull and reinsert the fuse? We stared with the same issue today and with the Harman Kardon premium audio, we have over 300 songs in the 'my music' portion and I would hope not to have to reload all of them. Any thoughts...and thank you!

·
Registered
2017 Sportage SX, Copper&Beige AWD
172 Posts
We, (my 2017 Sportage SX and wife's 2016 Soul+) had the same missing time display on our Nav's.
I read the few recommended fixes here: "pressing the reset button", "releasing/replacing the SD card", and "pulling the 15A multimedia fuse" ...

Pressing the reset button did not work on my 17 SX - but when I released and reinserted the SD card the NAV system rebooted and the time display is back. :giggle:

The same procedure worked on my wife's Soul+, 1st no luck pressing the reset button, so I released & reinserted her SD card, now her time display is back too. Yea !!! :giggle::giggle:

·
Registered
12 Posts
You don't need to pull the fuse or disconnect the battery, pull the fuse cover off the inside of the vehicle and there is a blue power switch. Flip it off, wait for 60 seconds then flip it back on. That blue switch is for transportation mode which shuts power off to a lot of the accessories in the vehicle. Otherwise make sure the vehicle has a good view of the sky and press the UVO reset button with a paperclip or a ballpoint pen for 60 seconds with the vehicle running and that should solve the problem for now. Kia knows about this issue and will be releasing a service bulletin shortly. There was a problem with the flash through the GPS or the satellite radio. This has affected not only Kia but other manufacturers as well. Doing a reset or a power down for 60 seconds will correct the issue but will it be permanent, probably not! Whatever is happening we just have to wait so the head unit receives the proper updates.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage EX
66 Posts
A few days ago, the clock in my 2017 Sportage EX (Harmon Kardon system) started acting odd, then the next day clock was totally gone. Everything in the clock setup screen was greyed out. I've tried using the pinhole reset thing, pulled the multimedia fuse for over a hour and also pulled and reinserted the Nav SD card. Clock is still dead even though everything else seems to work fine (Haven't tried USB connection to my phone since I never use that). I have a appointment with my dealer for this on Friday, we'll see what happens then. Hope it's a warranty issue.
Take care

Regards: Jack

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportage SX AWD / Mineral silver with beige interior
987 Posts
My dealer got mine fixed in about 20 minutes.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts