Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, We've just bought a Rio and Sedona. Both great cars. There's one thing I've not managed to work out though; what are those three plastic covered metal brackets for? They're in the boot (or trunk to our ex-colonial friends) at the hatch door end.

I asked a salesman who said they were just to clip bungees on to tie luggage down. They also said the rear heater button in the Sedona was to turn the traction control off though, so I'm not sure they got this one right either!

Regards
Pete

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well here in the USA the Sedona does not have traction control avaliable. But the heater switch on the dashboard does do the following. When turned off the air flow for the REAR AIR CONDITIONER/HEATER blows air out of the rear passanger compartment top vents in the rear passanger area,this would be the air conditioning mode-cold air comes out of vent at ceiling level and because cold air is heavier than warm air falls to the bottom(floor) thus cooling from top to bottom. For winter (cold weather) you turn switch on and the air flow is changed from the top vent in the rear passanger compartment to the bottom vents at floor level. The idea here is that hot air comes out of the vent at floor level and because hot air is lighter than cold air it rises to the top thus heating from top to bottom. You can test this feature like this. Turn the rear passanger area blower (fan) to hi speed, then push dashboard heater switch and you can here the air flow change from top vents to bottom vents-- heater button off TOP VENTS, heater button on BOTTOM VENTS. On the Rio if the clips you are talking about are parallel to the back of the back seat and the clip faces the back seat I believe these would be child car seat teather clips used to fasten down and secure a child seat in rear of car. These are on all cars in the USA. Hope this helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Snowman.

I'd figured out most of the sedona heater button out, however, do you know if the air conditioning goes to the back vents as well as the driver/passenger vents?
We don't get much chance to test the air con over here!
We're driving to Spain the summer and it'd be really nice if the kids would get some benifit from the the aircon too.

The funny thing is, we don't have traction control on Sedonas over here either! So the salesman was a bit misleading.

I don't think we're talking about the same hooks for the Rio. The one's I'm refering to are right at at the back, one just below the latch for the hatch and one either side of that about two feet away.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes on US built Sedona's air conditioning does go to back vents assume yours is the same. Did the heater button work the way I said on the rear vents? Next time I am at the dealer I will look at Rio and see just what your talking about because they may be cargo tie downs and not child safety seat teather anchoring clip.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Mate,

Yes, the button works just as you described. The kids will be well chuffed that they're getting some cold air when we're in Spain. We went in a Ford Galaxy last time and the air con just wasn't doing anything for them.

Thanks for your help and I look forward to your views on what the clips are for .

Regards
Pete

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The cvlips are for ISO fixings restraints for child seats..
Sounds like you got a gem of a salesman there.. TC in a sedons... thats funny! :lol:
Sedona heat/ac, pressing the heat button to on, will switch of the roof vents, and open the heater ducts to the floor area, the ducts is in the offside 3/4 trim panel.
Switching heater off will feed ac/fresh air to the overhead vents.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Was at the dealer today and yes, just as I thought they are the clips for securing child safety seat in rear seat.

Snowman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts