Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced a clicking noise when turning the steering wheel to far left and far right. It seems to be prominent at startup. I hear it after car has been sitting and I turn the wheel hard left or right as I'm getting out of the driveway. It doesn't click when making turns at stop lights and doesn't seem to click when parking after car has been driven for a bit.

I'm thinking cv joint or something but I'm not sure. If anyone has had experience with this...please let me know! Thanks!

·
Registered
Cerato
691 Posts
Your thinking is probably right. Check for splitting of the rubber boots around the CV joints, or streams of grease being thrown out. How many miles on the car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your thinking is probably right. Check for splitting of the rubber boots around the CV joints, or streams of grease being thrown out. How many miles on the car?
Hey...thanks for the reply. There are about 60k on it. I wouldn't think cv joints would need replacing that soon...but it is what it is I guess. I will check.

·
Registered
2017 AWD Sorento, 2011 Kia Soul
88 Posts
My Rondo has low clicking sounds since 10K miles (now 68K), at least that is when I first noticed it. Nothing mechanically wrong. Only makes them when creeping (less than 1mph) in reverse and turning at the same time. No bad C-V joints - no clunking - or jerking - steering is still tight, but if I had to pick a source it would be in steering. Unless it occurs at speed or there are other problems I would not be too worried.

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego EX 3.8V6 AWD/2007 Kia Rondo EX 2.7v6
31 Posts
My wifes car is a 07 Rondo EX and has made that clicking noise since it was about 3 yrs old. I brought it to the dealer and they changed the right front caliper under warranty thinking that was the problem..the problem was always there, then a mechanic suggested i replace they front sway bar links, since the car was out of warranty, I did them myself in my garage and now its been a month and no noise, and the car rides way better. The original links were very loose and the dealer could not find it...not surprising tho.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Could be the strut bearing at the top of the shock absorber, had this problem on my 2003 Kia Carens, the bearing and bearing seals were really worn, renewed them, and the noise went away. Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts