Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Rio
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not sure if im posting in the right forum but i had a ?. i was scoping out how to clear the amber from your blinkers but i noticed that u had to actually bake the light to melt the seal. well....my husband wants no part of that lol. is there any other way of getting the glue off? any kind of chemical i can use? if so please let me know, id greatly appreciate it! thanks!

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
I used the bake method when clearing the corners on my Optima. It took a lot of curage but I did it. It wasnt too bad but I do see where your husband is coming from when he says he wants no part in it.
The adhesive that holds the headlight together is pretty strong stuff which means a chemical wont break it apart. I have heard of people using heat guns to take them apart. Those are pretty much your only options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Get the lights from the Euorpean model! Shark racing used to carry them about 2 years ago but unless you find them on Ebay good luck. The Germans sell them for about 250 euros (almost $300) but they have the cool parking bulb lamp built into the housing plus they adjust from inside the car with the built in motors if you want to buy the controler. These things come factory on the Euorpean models and the Rio only comes in the Cinco model (station wagon!) Need anymore help let me know because soon i will be back in Germany pushing my Rio on the Autobahn AGAIN!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts