Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so I have a 2006 kia spectra5. The check engine light has been on but I assumed it was just from changing out the alternator. Well today when I merged onto the highway there was a click and the car wouldnt accelerate anymore, the car was running, the engine revved when I pressed the pedal. Then when I had turned the car off and went to restart it it wouldnt turn back over although it sounds like it could. If you know what this could be please explain.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,961 Posts
Hello, so I have a 2006 kia spectra5. The check engine light has been on but I assumed it was just from changing out the alternator. Well today when I merged onto the highway there was a click and the car wouldnt accelerate anymore, the car was running, the engine revved when I pressed the pedal. Then when I had turned the car off and went to restart it it wouldnt turn back over although it sounds like it could. If you know what this could be please explain.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,961 Posts

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,379 Posts
BEFORE you disconnect the battery for any work or let it drain down dead, get somebody with a computer code scanner plug into the car's OBD11 port and get codes from the car and post them here. Also how many miles on the car and report any maint done recently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts