Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8, Saab 9-5, 2012 Sorento SX
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that smokers are a despised and shrinking minority. But having said that I wonder what those who cling to this awful habit have done about a cigarette lighter in the Sorento. I assume that none of the stock outlets can be used. Right?

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX AWD CRDI; 2007 Sportage EX CRDi 4WD; 1967 Mercedes 250S; 1958 DKW 3=6
372 Posts
Have you noticed that there is no ash tray either? Thankfully I am a non-smoker

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
I have noticed....

I have noticed that most who smoke and drive, throw their cigarettes out the window. I guess they don't need an ashtray.

I realize that smokers are a despised and shrinking minority. But having said that I wonder what those who cling to this awful habit have done about a cigarette lighter in the Sorento. I assume that none of the stock outlets can be used. Right?

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
I'm sure your local dealer has the necessary bits. A car built by a company in Korea (where everyone seems to smoke) must have a "kit" to suit those that indulge.

As a non-smoker, I'm kinda glad it's missing.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8, Saab 9-5, 2012 Sorento SX
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope. No such "kit." The problem is that a 12v receptacle will take a standard lighter but is not equipped to handle the heat generated by a lighter.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Nope. No such "kit." The problem is that a 12v receptacle will take a standard lighter but is not equipped to handle the heat generated by a lighter.
Wish I could say "bummer". :) Another reason to quit, eh? :)

A friend of mine in Manhattan says he's paying $10/pack these days. Wow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts