Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations on how to remove water spots from the chrome trim around the front grill and along the windows and doors.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
Wd40? Interesting. I have that. Will try...

I have a 2011 SX and the "honeycomb grill" let's water settle and bang, water spots. I've never been able to properly dry in time to stop that from occurring. Thx for the tip...

Any others suggestions.

Ps... Good topic. Thx for posting.

·
Registered
1.7 CRDI sand track
540 Posts
That grill is a pain to keep clean looking,water just sits there. Its my 10 year old son's job to dry it when we wash the car. That works best for me :)

·
Premium Member
11 Sportage AWD SX
32 Posts
Looking for recommendations on how to remove water spots from the chrome trim around the front grill and along the windows and doors.
Use your favorite spray on and wipe off wax after washing and vehicle is dry. Easiest out of the sun so do in the garage if available. Works great in between real wax and buff jobs and no more water spots.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That grill is a pain to keep clean looking,water just sits there. Its my 10 year old son's job to dry it when we wash the car. That works best for me :)
Ha! Good idea. My triplets are only 1 so in a few years I guess I'll have my own personal full service car wash in my driveway. Can't wait! :lol:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Use your favorite spray on and wipe off wax after washing and vehicle is dry. Easiest out of the sun so do in the garage if available. Works great in between real wax and buff jobs and no more water spots.
Cool, I'll see what Meguiar's offers. I've always used/liked their products and am sure they have something affordable. Just never looked...

A guy at the dealer says they use "pink spray wax" when they clean cars for after the fact quick detailing. He said it's cheap and works perfect for water spots.

I'll grab a spray wax next time I'm at the auto parts store. Thx for the tip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts