Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone else had your inside door handles delaminate? If so, is it an easy fix, and do you know what part numbers you ordered if Driver front?

My wife keeps cutting her fingers up and is tired of using band-aids.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,411 Posts
Not very difficult to replace. The door panel needs removed and the handle just unscrews. It is available separate, so it isn't expensive. Do you have any warranty left? It is covered 5yrs/60k.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
Spongebob is right, it will be covered under your basic warranty.If you have over 60K on your Kia then it won't be under warranty any longer. If you want part #'s and a good deal on the parts.....I'll need the last 8 of your vin#, and which handles you need. You can send me a PM if you like.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you for the responses. I have 89,000 miles on my 2011 KIA Sorento so this type of thing is no longer under warranty.

STEP 1:
Purchase Part Number 82610 1U000 - HDL ASSY-FR DR (Driver Front). $49.00 from the dealership.

STEP 2:
I pulled the door panel as shown in the video here:

STEP 3:
Remove 4 screws on back panel of driver door panel to release door lock assembly.

STEP 4:
Depress (1) tab which holds the back plate and cable assembly to the door lock assembly.

STEP 5:
Reverse of all other steps.

10 minutes and done.

LESSONS LEARNED:
It appears that KIA has modified the way they chrome dip this handle. The original 2011 handle had a chrome applique or dip "seam" on the top of the handle...where you are grabbing the handle everyday. The modified part has the seam on the bottom edge, where you are likely never touching the door handle.

Photo attached.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts