Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Sorento LX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my 2008 Sorento LX. It does not have a trailer hitch and the popular aftermarket choices for Class III seem to be Draw-Tite and Curt, (and KIA). I won't be towing often and not over 3,000 lbs.
I'd like to know what your own experience is with these different towing hitches re quality and ground clearance issues. I live up a very steep paved incline. I won't be towing often but I'll be going up and down my hill daily. Also, I live 1/8 mile from an ocean inlet so corrosion resistance is important.
I don't care about a requirement to drill holes. Price isn't a huge factor; I don't care about a $50 difference if quality is higher.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2006 Sorento LX
7 Posts
Hey DAW,
Check out etrailer.com. Good prices, tech pieces as well as some videos that they may show the installation. Don't forget the wiring - I highly recommend one that is "plug and play" meaning it normally plugs into the connections behind the rear light assemblies and doesn't require splicing into the OEM wiring. I know, I worked at UHaul for 6 years doing hitches and wiring. By the way, CEQUENT owns about 80% of the hitch manufactures in the US and you may see a round tube as opposed to a square tube, but rating is what you're looking for. Good luck.

·
Registered
2008 Sorento LX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. I had ordered the Curt hitch just before I got your post. I ordered from Northern Supply as they had a special price on the hitch compared to other sources. Lightning fast response/shipping!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts