Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice wheels, looks good on black, 'specially with the red caliper :cool:

But I don't know- I've just never liked 6-spoke wheels. Or 3-, 4-, 7- or 9-spokes either, for that matter...

Let's see a whole-car pic :D

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sold these rims because they are like 7 pounds heavier than the stock rims. I actually lost some gas mileage due to the increase in unsprung weight. I'm going to put Konig feathers on when I get rims again. They are the same weight when you add the tires as the stock rims and tires but with an increase in contact patch and diameter. Unless you have some power adders to add to make up for the extra weight you will notice it like I did.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought some new tires to replace the RS-A's that came stock with my car. They don't do anything great but they are a good all around tire. I am replacing them with Riken Raptors in the stock size. They are much more sticky compared to the Eagle's. The info on them is 300 AA A and they cost me 272 shipped to the house for 4.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I would definately recommend these tires to anyone trying to get more traction for cheap. These tires are really hard to break loose, even in heavy rain. When they do break loose they are very predictable and controlable. Two things you really want if you lose traction. I just can't get over how impressed I am with these tires. When they did break it wasn't the back even a little. It was the front. The rears stayed planted right where I left them and the tracked nicely when the fronts were reaching for traction. I was taking a nice secret back road yesterday in the rain that's about 1.5 miles long with 10 15MPH corners and switchbacks. I was averaging about 35-50mph the whole time. Very fun and impressive. Now if I can just figure out a way to mount my subwoofer box so it doesn't slide around in the back when I'm slinging my car around on the back roads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts