Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone on the Kia Sportage forum,

I have a 2005 Kia Sportage Lx with a 2.7L V6 engine, I just scanned for code's and i came up with a PO171 code:confused:...I would like to know what do i need to do to get the problem fixed...I appreciate everyone's time, Thank's;)

·
Registered
06 Sportage/2012 Navara V6 TD
305 Posts
P0171 means bank one is running to lean, i.e. getting to much air for the amount of fuel going in.

You may have an air leak after the MAF. Considering it is on bank one, then if it is a leak, then it could be around one of the three runners where the upper manifold mates with the lower manifold, or where the lower manifold mates with the heads. Only a guess.

Have you modified your engine at all?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check engine Light

Hello Tysinbad,

I haven't had any modifications done, I was driving yesterday and noticed that the check engine light came on so i grabbed my code scanner to see if i can kinda figure out the problem:eek:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi Charmer37,

Clear your code and see it it happens again. Try just nipping up any nuts (on the lower manifold of bolts on the upper manifold).

I did have this problem but not on my sportage. It was with my previous car, a Ford Explorer 4.0 L V6. The problem with that one was a leaking 'O' ring in my lower manifold.

Terry

·
Registered
305 Posts
How did you go?

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
Check all the intake couplers too. The clips around the air filter. This could also indicate a problem with an o2 sensor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts