Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new Sorento LX and the check engine light came on at 700km.

I was on a slight hill at the time and stalled the vehicle. Any one know of possible causes. Light is solid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Engine check light stayed on all day. This morning started the Sorento, no check engine light. It was -2C this am.

Any body have any experience with check engine light ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by mikey99@Nov 30 2004, 10:17 AM
Engine check light stayed on all day. This morning started the Sorento, no check engine light. It was -2C this am.

Any body have any experience with check engine light ?

I experienced the same thing on a test drive vehicle. (BRAND NEW!) Of course I decided to buy another one instead. <_< But my curiosity made me ask the service manager. He said they had a rash of them on Sedonas in 2003-2004. But rarely saw this on Serantos. Diagnostics pointed to the fuel temperature sensor used in emission control. Something to do with vapor pressure and venting, I assume. He didn't say what the fix was. Except he replaced the computer anyway, and it was still doing it. Sounds like they need better diagnostic equipment or troubleshooting charts to me. You might find answer in Sedona forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by Renais@Dec 9 2004, 06:24 PM
I experienced the same thing on a test drive vehicle. (BRAND NEW!) Of course I decided to buy another one instead. <_< But my curiosity made me ask the service manager. He said they had a rash of them on Sedonas in 2003-2004. But rarely saw this on Serantos. Diagnostics pointed to the fuel temperature sensor used in emission control. Something to do with vapor pressure and venting, I assume. He didn't say what the fix was. Except he replaced the computer anyway, and it was still doing it. Sounds like they need better diagnostic equipment or troubleshooting charts to me. You might find answer in Sedona forum.
I had the same thing happen to me,after refuelling,it seems that the gas cap was not replaced tightly enough,this might be the same problem B)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts