Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so guys plz solve out my problem as well! I have 30 K miles on my Sedona and I notice that when I start it up it makes strange noises, the check engine light comes on too. I took it to the dealer for a check up and he tells that I have to spend 140 $ and should get the spark plugs and wires replaced. Do u think it is reasonable enough?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by aish33@Aug 19 2004, 04:01 AM
Ok so guys plz solve out my problem as well! I have 30 K miles on my Sedona and I notice that when I start it up it makes strange noises, the check engine light comes on too. I took it to the dealer for a check up and he tells that I have to spend 140 $ and should get the spark plugs and wires replaced. Do u think it is reasonable enough?
Sounds like you need a tune-up. 30,000 is a little soon, but depends on how you drive the vehicle. You can do a simple plug and wire change yourself, just don't pull all wires out at the same time and make sure your spark plugs are gapped properly. An early tune up can be caused by getting bad gas or gas with water in it. Check out your local gas station and make sure they don't have water in their gas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Get the dealer to put the "h-scan" (diagnostic tool) on and get the error codes. They will tell you (from the service manual) why the computer is illuminating the "check engine" light.

Beware(!!!!) Canival engines blowing head gaskets. Make darn sure there is no water in the oil (or oil in the coolant). This is the single most major Carnival problem (they eat engines).

ALso note seeming problems with the spark plug leads (melting, or otherwise compromised) can be indicative of failed head gasket. Check and check again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts