Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in another thread, but no real ideas yet as to what's wrong.... Almost $900 in repairs in last 2 weeks and it's still doing it!

Check engine light comes on, hold light flashes and it won't hold the gear over 55... Under 50 and it's fine.

Cannot pull up a hill over 25 mph...

Have had a new alternator put on it, new fan because it flew off and shattered last week after the alternator was replaced, tcp connection replaced today -- same problem tonight and I didn' t think we'd get home from the dealership that is 30 mi from our house (but HAD to go pick up my kids, so couldn't go back to dealer today -- they would have been closed anyhow...)

ANYONE HAVE A CLUE???

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage EX 4x4 auto
137 Posts
I have a 2000 Sportage EX mine did the exact same thing coming home from Kings Island about 3 weeks ago i changed the spark plugs and while i had it apart sparyed the throttle body down real good with carberater cleaner and adjusted the (kickdown cable ?) the adjustment is right by the master cylinder just pressed the button on it i put it back together and about 2 miles later drove like new again havent had any problem since hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts