Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Rondo LX 2.4L
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Borrego yesterday, 2009 EX V-6, 84,000 miles. The first time my wife drives it the brakes activate the ABS pulling low speed into a parking space. Also the speedometer and gauges all stopped working for a few seconds and then the check engine light came on. nyone else have these symptoms?

·
Registered
2009 Rondo LX 2.4L
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is an update-selling dealer was a yundai dealer and they found a P0700 code, transmission control error. They can't diagnose further as you need the Kia software scanner to do this. The Borrego goes in Wednesday at the local Kia dealer, the selling dealer has agreed to pay for the repair. I will post the eventual resolution of this problem when I find out.

·
Registered
2009 Rondo LX 2.4L
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem was found to be water in connections in the main wiring harness. I guess the selling dealer presssured washed the engine a few hours before I picked it up and eberything was wet. The Kia dealer who worked on it initially thought the TCM or PCM was bad from the codes the car was throwing but after testing the components they checked out fine and the car ran and drove fine also. They then began to really inspect the physical connections and that's when they found the water. Everything seems good now, hopefully this issue is gone.

·
Registered
2018 Sportage SX | 2009 Borrego EX (gone)
206 Posts
Good to hear it was something simple. thanks for the follow up posts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts