Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well title says it all. my check engine light came on last nightand and stayed on. this morning i started the car and it still was on. it was on all day until about 1030 tonight, it went off after starting the car after eating out. hasnt came back on yet. how do i pull the codes, i did it on a 88 camaro but this is a little more advanced than that. any help would be awsome. thanks

·
Registered
2007 Optima, 2007 Sorento
716 Posts
Both Advance and AutoZone parts stores in my area will read the codes off the car for free. Try one of these stores in your area and they will give you the information that is contained in the car's computer.

Did you happen to fill up your car today? If so, double check your gas cap and re-tighten it. A improperly closed cap can trigger an engine light too. Good luck with things.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Schnauzer pretty much covered the bases.. get the codes read at one of the stores mentioned should give you an idea of what the problem is.. good luck! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did happen to fill up but i always make sure the caps clicks 5 times after fill up. and i didnt change anything to make the light go off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts