Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I had my timing belt, water pump, drive belts replaced. 2 days later my check engine light came on and gave a code P0507 for idle air control system RPM higher than expected. Could this be related to the work they did?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Last week I had my timing belt, water pump, drive belts replaced. 2 days later my check engine light came on and gave a code P0507 for idle air control system RPM higher than expected. Could this be related to the work they did?
Also should have said I have a 2005 Kia Sedona EX

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,347 Posts
Possible, but nobody can GUESS about the cause for you.
they may have removed the air cleaner box and connecting tube to the motor for the work described and left something loose or disconnected. Did you contact the people who did the work? Sounds like you are just a driver and not a DIY person.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,842 Posts
Agree, most likely caused a vacuum leak and the IAC valve cant control idle speed because of the leak, and generates a code - needs to go back to the shop.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
740 Posts
Yep....take it back and have them retrace their steps...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts