Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Spectra 5 2009
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2009 Kia Spectra 5 and received this code. I have over 82,000 miles on my car mostly highway miles. I was told this code involves the Evap Emission Canister Solenoid. I was also told to check the evap canister vent filter. Can this filter be replaced? If so, do you have a part number? Is this a normal issue? Thank you.

·
Registered
2005 Blue Kia Spectra5 and a 96 Turbo Honda civic and a 99 subaru outback with a 2.5 rs turbo motor
265 Posts
i had the same code about 3 months ago i ended up replacing the CCV next to the canister. and it looks like your still under warranty. go to a kia dealer they should cover it. this code comes up because you over fill your gas alot. When i replaced mines i was at 140xxx on my spec5 you have to unstrap the tank to get to it. 2 bolts holding the whole canister, Evap seloniod and CCV together. the only way to get to the 2 10mm bolts is from the hole under the rear seats after lowering the tank about 5 inches.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Luckily for my wife's car, it turned out so far to be a bad gas cap. Cap replaced with a new one, and the light went off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts