Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum. I have a 2008 Sedona with 144,000 km. I'm not the original owner.

I have an odd intermittent check engine light. It will come on once the fuel drops below 3/8 of a tank, but will clear and stay off if the tank is not allowed to drop below half full.

The gas cap was loose so I replaced it. No change. This is likely an emissions system problem and something that is affected by the volume of air in the tank is setting the code (OK when the tank is full, not so much as it approaches empty). I don't live in town and getting it to the dealer is a pain for us. I searched the forums and there is no obvious answer - does anyone have a suggestion?

An idea of mine after using the search function and some reading: I'm not sure that the fuel tank air filter was ever changed. Since this directly affects air movement in the fuel system I'm curious if a clogged filter might set a code when the volume of air in the fuel tank increases. I'd just as soon do some troubleshooting and replace maintenance items myself rather than pay someone shop rates to do so - also, I enjoy it.

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
'02 Sedona 3.5L
75 Posts
I would replace the fuel filter or the fuel pump to see if it will make a different. The filter is part of the pump but some in the forum is able to just change the filter as I can remember.

Let us know how things turn out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts