Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2007 Kia Rondo LX, 6 cyl. For the past few months, I've had times where my Check Engine light would come on, but then would turn off within 1-2 days of driving. It's happened maybe 4 times in the past 3-4 months. I did get the code read once at AutoZone, I don't remember the exact codes but they said it meant the computer was not getting a reading (communication error) with two of the 02 sensors (which they thought was unusual to get it on two sensors at the same time).

Also, in the past month, I've had times where my 'ESC Off' light would come on, but would turn off the next day. Being on a budget, I didn't get this checked, as ESC was a low priority.

Now, about 4 days ago, both the 'Check Engine' and 'ESC Off' lights have come on, and have both stayed on solid for 4 days now. I'm not a car person really, so I have no idea if they could be related or not. Is it possible, or likely, that I just have bad sensors that need replaced? If so, what's a ballpark of what something like this might cost? I don't mind paying a fare price, but I don't want to get ripped off, like paying $400 for a $50 part. Is there a more likely cause for these lights coming on?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,805 Posts
hard to say without knowing the codes.

ESC OFF is lit when the ESC system is deactivated. It can't be normally deactivated for longer than till next restart.

Read the codes, write them down.

Any issue? Driveability, brakes...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mystery solved... at least I believe so. Had the check-engine codes checked at AutoZone today, and they are P0504 and P0571, both are pointing at the brake switch. We then checked, and I didn't even realize it until then, that my brake lights are not coming on. Then, I recalled that there was a safety recall recently on this exact problem, the brake switch, which I never followed through on... DOH!! So, good news, I've scheduled the recall replacement, which I'm confident will resolve both the check-engine and ESC Off alerts.

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,805 Posts
and there was no problem to shift out of Parking? and cruise worked?
glad it was solved

1 - 4 of 4 Posts