Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one in the uk know of a company for a good deal on insurance?

full licence: 10 years
5 years plus NCB
no convictions

What about you all out there what are you paying?

Just for fun..

Cheers :rolleyes:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Originally posted by darrenwallis@Nov 11 2004, 03:01 PM

5 years plus NCB
no convictions

Just for fun..

Too much... Here they regulate prices as to how much experience you got, i.e for how much time you have had a car already. And since im a first-timer I'm gonna be paying LOADS :blink: A rough calculation is about 1300 GBP a year. Then it drops as I gain experience. Imagine if it was a BMW 740i I was getting :eek:

/Kasper

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much?!! thats loads,i have had one quote fully comp for £414 GBP

Insurance just goes up every year,you earn NCB then they put up the insurance so your allways playing catch up. :angry:

·
Registered
129 Posts
414£ is what I will be paying after 5 years with a car registered in my name. And yeah... Insurance companies suck.

/Kasper

·
Registered
56 Posts
Man, that's robbery !!!!

Here in Turkey our insurances can't be calculated with our experience, eg i paid GBP 200 fo this year, according to the value of my car, and if i don't break the insurance for one year i'll have 30%bonus for the second...

May god help you...

CU

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try Confused.com for a quote. They take your details then search for the cheapest quote from loads of insurance companies. They are very good and it saves you hours filling in the same things over & over again!
Liverpool Victoria are very good for young drivers, but I think you have to go to their own website. Good luck :wacko:
I'm paying £175 fully comp. with Admiral. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm paying around £500 fully comp i think, but im 23 and only been driving just over 2 years, have no claims for them though, hopefully it'll have gone down a bit next renewal date.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Originally posted by stripy@Nov 11 2004, 07:34 AM
Try Confused.com for a quote. They take your details then search for the cheapest quote from loads of insurance companies. They are very good and it saves you hours filling in the same things over & over again!
Liverpool Victoria are very good for young drivers, but I think you have to go to their own website. Good luck :wacko:
I'm paying £175 fully comp. with Admiral. :D
How much no claims bonus do you have to pay that low. I have a 60% and mine is still 230 pounds. Just wondering as my insurance is up for renewal in
December.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Maggie, how you getting on with your new car?

We have full no claims, hubby is an hgv driver so I think that helps the price of insurance. I have recommended Confused.com to all our friends and family, most managed to get good results :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Currently paying £550 a year with Norwich Union but then again I was driving a company car for the last 4 years, with the odd scuff. :unsure:

·
Registered
14 Posts
i'm paying £800 a year fully comp with Premium Choice (that's with 2 years NCB - have only been driving two years (now 21), no convictions, no points on my full license), and also driving 25,000 miles a year (probably more than most!). That was the best deal I could find!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I GOT INSURANCE FOR MY PICANTO 1.1 LX FOR £542 UK THAT IS FOR ME AND MY GIRLFRIEND FULLY COMP I AM 23 WITH 3 POINTS (SP30) AND SHE IS 21 WITH NO POINTS. I HAVE ONE YEARS NO CLAIMS, THIS WAS BY FAR THE CHEAPEST QUOTE I HAD OFF THE INTERNET THE OTHERS WHERE DOUBLE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by darrenwallis@Nov 11 2004, 03:01 PM

5 years plus NCB
no convictions

Just for fun..

Hi

Try www.directchoice.co.uk just insured my new Kia LX Auto Fully Comp for 183.00 cracking price.(insurer MMA)

·
Registered
17 Posts
32 Year old Male
4 Years No claims, Sorento XS Auto 2.5 diesel 2005 model
10,000 miles per year
Kept on driveway
No points on licence
Accident in August 2002 - Complete fault - Overturned Disco - No other parties involved

Insurance quotes as follows:

Tesco - £380 (no courtesy car)
eSure - £390 (courtesy car)
Elephant - £370 (courtesy car + fast track (10 month) insurance)
Admiral (owner of Elephant) - £410 (courtesy car)
Direct Line - £480 (no courtesy car)
Churchill - £520 (courtesy car)
AA - Besides what they say in their Ads, don't ask!!

From experience, there are so many factors to consider; age, car, location, additional drivers, claims etc. You simply have to phone around and play them off against each other. Like so many services in the UK, insurance companies are too busy chasing after new custom and often neglect their existing custom.

·
Registered
9 Posts
58yr old male
Sorento garaged
7,000 miles a year
max no claims bonus
clean licence including LGV

£264 from Lloyds Tsb ieChurchill
Was quoted £5 less from Churchill, but they didn't like the fact I had charged the radio, so declined to complete!

All other quotes £300-£500

Previous vehicle was 1990 Disco

Last + only accident was 4 yrs ago, totalled the car in front from a standing start in less than 5 yds, broke spot light bulb filament in mine, didn't even mark the front bumper!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am with Admiral, although I don't have the car yet I have been getting an idea of quotes for Cerato2.0SE and Diamond was a little cheaper than admiral but as a sister company I hope admiral will equal it.

It was about £440 fully comp with 1 fault claim in the last 5 years I have 9 yrs no claims and 2 other named drivers. I like admiral and diamond as they offer a GUARANTEED no claims bonus which basically means you wont loose it no matter what.... I will look into elephant , I didin't realise they were Admiral too.

Norwich union Direct "quoted me happy" by undercutting admiral by about £100 but they only offer protected bonus which allows 2 accidents in 5 years, I personally would rather pay more for the guaranteed bonus..

More than were exactly that MORE THAN the others.......

My other half got a quote from admiral too, he has no no claims bonus as he has had a company vehicle, but they only quoted him about £460 on the bonus accelorator scheme.

I have been with admiral for about 5 years and have never had a problem I would recommend them to anyone...

·
Registered
2004 Cerato LX
75 Posts
Just changed my insurance, and I've gone with More Than this time:

41 yr old male
4 yrs no claims
clean license
£265 fully comp

It wasnt the cheapest that confused.com found, but seems like a better deal than some of the cheaper ones

·
Registered
1999 Kia Shuma
14 Posts
20 yr old male
Kia Shuma 1999 Sx
1+ years driving experience
Fully comp + Mum listed as second driver
+ she transferred some of her no claims to me (Brothers m8 is an insurance broker, so he's managed to pull some strings)

£730 appx p.a but thats not bad as i've only been driving a year and a bit, first car i've been insured on, + the fact its 1.5

·
Registered
1999 Kia Shuma
14 Posts
Hmm i've always doubted tesco's claims to be cheap, as everytime i looked all their offers were damn expensice, try norwich union or Churchill

1 - 20 of 25 Posts