Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok....

easiest way to get it out is with a small screwdriver in the top, wrap it in cloth or whatever so it doesnt mark, then lever the whole facia (silver part on the se) out and undo the connectors on the back of the buttons, i marked them too so i didnt forget which was which. it killed my fingers trying to do it with nothing to lever it, there is from what i recall a little clip thing at the top and bottom, and 2 insert type things at the bottom 2 corners, its not that easy to remove, but i guess thats good as you dont want it to fall out.

i had to take the bezel off my blaupunkt to get it to fit in properly, so i would guess most people will too on theirs, its got 2 plates on the side that screw into some holes on the side, however the screws were too big for the holes on the blaupunkt, which is why i was annoyed with the screws, dunno if this will be the case for most though, it'd be a piece of piss to have done if it wasn't for the screws not fitting!

i'll have to get it out again sometime to fit the remote sensor and the mic to it, but i couldnt be arsed to today.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
heres some photos too (which are quite bad)..

with the flash so you can see it....

with the red buttons....

with the blue buttons....

its very nice indeed, been wanting to put it in for ages, bought it just before selling my last car but didnt let it go with it, even plays mp3's from sd cards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.