Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang.

I have finally gotten my Picanto EX and im very happy.. It doesnt outrun anyone but thats not the intention either so thats okay :)

But heres the deal.

I would love to make a new (in danish "hattehylde") Think its called parcel shelf in english.. Make a new one out of wood and fit an 8" woofer in the middle and put an amp where the sparewheel would normally go so i stilll have my trunk free for ... ehm,, a case of beer or something :) Any comments on this?

Another thing, the speaker units that are currently installed in the door panels, what size are they? are they easy to change out for others, and what about wiring for an amplifier which would again be placed in the trunk?? Have anyone done it?

Looking forward to you reply's :p

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah i'm kinda interested to know too about wiring an amp and replacing the door speakers. the thought of removing the door panels to change the speakers make me cringe... hehehhe

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, you can ask your installer to make a parcel shelf out of MDF n put an 8" Free air subwoofer. Dont trim it with vinyl though coz it squeaks :p for the amp if u are planning on just changing the front speaker n add a sub, get a 4 channel amp. U can put the amp under the front seat. The front speaker can take up to 6" speakers. Just buy a good speakers like focal/mb quart/krone. and make sure to enhance the speaker mount by making an mdf ring. so you can get a good midbass out of it. Thats pretty much all to it. Gud luck. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts