Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sedona LX
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tackled the plugs on my '11 Sedona over the weekend, took me about 2.5 hours start to finish. It was much easier than I expected.

I used this video to guide me. I did things slightly different than the vid (I removed the throttle body from the plenum so I could take the plenum completely out) but it's pretty much spot on what you have to do. The plastic plenum is very light compared to aluminum.

https://youtu.be/fORvahimoWk

My Sedona also has the press on engine cover so no 10mm nuts to remove for that.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sedona
18 Posts
I've got to tackle my '11 Sedona soon. I've never changed the plugs, and I've put on at least 100K miles since I bought i (it's got 208K now)

I don't have the manual (long gone) - what kind of plugs are recommended?

·
Registered
Sedona '02
141 Posts
I've got to tackle my '11 Sedona soon. I've never changed the plugs, and I've put on at least 100K miles since I bought i (it's got 208K now)

I don't have the manual (long gone) - what kind of plugs are recommended?
go with NGK. Rockauto will tell you which ones fit.
I buy platinum ones. they last a long time. Usually the item will have a heart sign next to it showing which one is most popular.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,992 Posts
On certain models Kia have changed the plug spec. and these plugs are not available from third party suppliers - just check if with Kia what the latest spec is for your model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts