Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Soul + automatic
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Owner's manual says to change the autotransaxle fluid every 60K.

I have read a lot of different opinions about changing or flushing the automatic transmission fluid.

1) Change it every 15K.

2) Flush it every 15K

3) Change every 30K

4) Don't wait too long to change it the first time. Otherwise there will be build up and it should never be changed.

Every 2 years seems reasonable to me.

I plan or running this vehicle into the ground. So spending a little bit additional on maintenance is ok with me.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
already answered this in the other forum to quote from the owners manual

"The following lists are vehicle checks and inspections that should be performed by the owner or an authorized Kia dealer at the frequencies indicated to help ensure safe dependable operation of your vehicle."

"If your vehicle is operated under the severe conditions, you should inspect, replace or refill more frequently than the the following Normal Maintenance Schedule"

·
Registered
2012 Soul + automatic
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
already answered this in the other forum to quote from the owners manual

"The following lists are vehicle checks and inspections that should be performed by the owner or an authorized Kia dealer at the frequencies indicated to help ensure safe dependable operation of your vehicle."

"If your vehicle is operated under the severe conditions, you should inspect, replace or refill more frequently than the the following Normal Maintenance Schedule"
My owner's manual doesn't even say to change the automatic transaxle fluid under normal conditions.

Only severe. At 60K

Normally, I am a by the book person. But with cars, people have different opinions sometimes that work out better.
I wanted to see what others might have to say.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
that's right, auto transaxle fluid it states on the Normal Maintenance Schedule - no check, no service required.

I guess the manufacturer can't win, before there was complaints that you had to do service too often, now there is complaints they are not doing enough now they have extended their service.
Don't compare the 2012 to previous models either, as 2012 2.0L is a brand new engine and also the trans-axle was first used in the 2011 Forte when it introduced the six speed transmission last year.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul +
34 Posts
Clearly you don't trust Kia's maintenance schedule, so stop reading them and just do whatever you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts