Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know how to change a front drivers side headlight bulb in a facelift model. It is clear that you cannot change the bulb without removing the whole headlight assembly (which is frankly ridiculous). The manual un-helpfully states " "Loosen the retaining bolts and remove the headlight assembly from the body" with no further detail of how to do this. I have removed the 3 bolts (two top one side) and although the headlight is now lose it will not withdraw from the body, what else do I need to remove.

I may have been able to work this out but its cold, dark and raining so any help would be greatly appreciated.

There were some links to this topic in 2010 however that was for a a pre-facelift version and its does not work for the facelift version.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looked in our manual and it clearly states "Loosen the retaining bolts and remove the headlight assembly from the body" which I read as that is what you need to do to change a bulb.

Been out and checked our facelift model and its "Type A". The main drawing shows 3 bolts but the one on the left is actually a screw holding the grille on. The Inset shows a 3rd actual bolt which is behind the unit, look between the headlight and the battery. After the 3 bolts and screw are removed I would presume the headlight will pull off towards the front of the car and there will also be some dowels that locate it. If it still will not budge it may mean removing the grill but that is not mentioned.

At least you can do it on the Ceed without dismantling the whole front end like some cars today.

·
Registered
Kia Ceed, MGTF, Various Jeeps new and old, FIAT 500
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That what I did its lose but it will not pull straight forward more than a few mm clearly hitting something, unless there is some knack pulling it at angle. Did not want to force it. I undid the 4 plastic studs across the top of the front grill and that allows the grill to move forward a bit but that does not help. Perhaps the whole grill needs to come off. On the pre -facelift models it would seem you removed the radiator upper cover but that is part of the front grill on facelift (Type A) cars.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You are about right. the 4 screws on the grill being undone helps. you just got to give it a good yank.
Put some tape on the bodywork below the light as it can get marked.
Myself i just take out the 2 bolts holding what i think is like a fuse box, move it out of the way , unscrew the access thingy and get at the bulb that way. for the left i remove the battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts