Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if anyone can help me here .. but i would like to change the clarion cd player over to a more modern one that i have bought. But I'm not sure on how to get the old one out, and a service manual is way too expensive for me to purchase.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Kia Carnival an 1999 Australian Model
CD Player is a Clarion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
m8 i just bought a 2004 model LS so when u find out send me your answer, cause 1 disc is just <_< fu*&ing shocking. But shit happens :lol: . Good to find more people from Oz in the forum GDAY!!!!!! B)

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
50 Posts
remove front panel take the surround off and remove unit with 2 u shaped radio keys .
you might have the keys in your new radio unit ...
or go to a audio shop they will do it if you ask em nicley !!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well ... it could'nt be easier as i found out.... maybe 10 seconds

1. you need to remove the ashtray
2. grab hold of the fashia panel on the left hand side just inside the ashtray area and give a good yank and it will just come away. ( Thats the scarey bit until you have done it once or twice)
3. now that its started just keep pulling until all the clips are free... you may need to put the car in drive to pull it over the gear stick (auto).
4. now you will have access to the 4 screws that hald the cd unit in

simple

LOL... it really is... the guy at kia showed me what to do and i couldnt believe it.

All up it took me less than 30 mins to remove and replace the new unit, and would have to be the easiest unit i have ever put in a car over the years.

Hey wolfman
Not sure if the 2004 model is the same ... good chance it is thou.

·
Registered
5 Posts
thnx Andy, ill give it a crack got a nice clarion stacker unit to replace it with. Ya need more than 1 disc when drivin over to Vic to watch the Crows kick ass :p .
KIDDIN :)
again thnx m8
hope the weathers good your way easter weekend

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice work Andy.

just gave this a try and its as simple as you make it sound.

to think, the dude at Strathfield was gonna charge me $150 to do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts