Kia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body tried changing the parking light bulbs the smaller one on top of the regular H4 light?

Can't seem to get to them as they are obstructed by some body structure of the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Some time ago, my wife, who usually drive our Picanto, stopped at the gas station to have THE bulb replaced. The "gasman" unscrewed two screws on the top of the whole light, pulled VERY gently the light and took out the bulb with its connector. Replaced the bulb and put the lamp on its place.

Then, when I was at the Authorized Service, the electrician said, that I have to pull out the whole lamp to replace the position bulbs.

BTW, in the manual, there is a picture, which shows how to do the thing. But there is no word about taking out the lamp :(

·
Registered
105 Posts
so were the bulbs changed? hmmm... maybe i should tinker with the screws too? i tried once but couldn't get the whole light to come off. mega frustration.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Originally posted by klbx@Jun 15 2005, 06:24 AM
Any body tried changing the parking light bulbs the smaller one on top of the regular H4 light?

Can't seem to get to them as they are obstructed by some body structure of the car.
I've replaced both of my front parking light bulbs. I removed the bolts holding the bumper section from the wing to the centre badge, then the two on top of the light unit and there was JUST enough room to squeeze my hand in and turn the bulb holder to remove it from the light unit. Bulb pulls out and new one goes in easy. Replacement is reversal of the above. It's fiddly but it can be done DIY. :banana:

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
Hopefully my bulbs will come tomorrow and I will find out! But we are talking Royal Mail here!!

Kevin.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
To remove the light unit to replace bulbs is easy.
Remove the visible 10mm bolts, then pull the unit sharply to the outside of the vehicle, unit will release from the push fit clip and it's all yours.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
Did the main headlamp bulb on Saturday and my sidelights came today so I have done them now, they are both quite hard but not really really hard and have their own difficulties.

Kevin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there. I'm new to the forum. Just like to say that I have struggled like mad to get the passenger side headlamp out of my Kia Picanto 06 model, all evening. Have read the comments posted on how easy it "should" be, but I struggled like mad. Undid the 2 bolts above the main lamp, and it still wouldn't come away from the body of the car. "Mega frustrating" is an understatement!! lol. Will be ringing the garage first thing tomorrow morning! lol. All I want to do is replace the sidelight! Kia Motors -why've you gone and made things so difficult.

·
Registered
Picanto EX CRDI Sport
8 Posts
I put one hand on the back of the headlight (where the bulb is) and push hard while I pull with the other hand. Then it pops off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK. So where do you hold the headlamp to pull it? i know about pushing it from the back but cant figure out where to pull it from.

·
Registered
Picanto 1.1 SE
3 Posts
Can't remove headlamp

Hi, my first post. I have a Picanto 1.1 se 2004 and after reading these posts I tried removing the nearside (left) headlamp to change the side light.

Removed two screws, one on top and one to the left of the lamp. The lamp is loose but the bracket for the left hand screw is behind the bumper. I can lift the lamp (about 3mm) so the bracket just clears the bumper but the top right corner of the lamp is now restriced by the top of the wing.

As some people here can remove the lamp and some can't I presume that there must be some slight differances in the bodywork of the differant models/years.

How do you remove the bumper :confused:

Mike.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi. Don't suppose you could post some digital pix of how to remove the bulbs? It is clear that many are struggling with this and we'll be damned before we take our cars to the garage to have a bulb changed! I mean the next thing:-we wont be able to fill the petrol tank by ourselves! (Hope I haven't given KIA any ideas!)
Isn't life a bag of fun?!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts