Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Differential this weekend. They recomend at 22500 miles. I used the 15/16 socket that others had used in a previous post. The rear uses about 1 3/4 oil and I could get in there easy with the the 1 qt container to pour it in. On the front I had to attach a 5" piece of 3/8 hose and attach it to the 1 qt container. Theres not a lot room in the front. It took about 1 1/2 quarts of gear oil. I was supprised how goopie and dark the gear oil that came out of the front Differential. It really looked like it needed to be changed and Im glad I did.

Steve69

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is that interval the same for 2WD models? I just bought a Limited V8 RWD but don't have the manual yet. It has 23800 miles on it and I doubt the rear differential oil change was done by the previous owner.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im almost sure the RWD needs to be done at the 22500 mile range also. There is a post further down on a guy that did the RWD. Its the same as mine except I had another axle to do up front...LOL

Steve69

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Steve69
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing