Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Sedona
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've been putting off changing the radiator for as long as I could, but it finally reached a point where I was filling the radiator weekly. So I purchased a new radiator and spent a Saturday replacing it.

It wasn't as easy as the manual says, I wound up having to pull the condenser coil (it has no refrigerant in it anyway), but I got it in and it is running great.

At least for a week. All the sudden, the engine light comes on and throws the O2 codes listed above. It was for the front bank - which was where the radiator was mounted. I'm thinking I may have disturbed some wiring to the sensor.

The thing that worries me is: I went to get gas and filled up with the car running. I've done this before without any problems, but this time the engine quit. It started sputtering and slowed down and just stopped. I finished fueling, gas cap back on and it took a few tries to get it running again, but it finally started.

Now the question is: Does the erratic reading from the O2 sensor have anything to do with it stalling at the pump? I know you gotta have that gas cap tight as a bugger to prevent any vacuum issues, but the worst that has happened before when I never had the cap on tight was a code that would disappear when I tightened the cap.

Right now its running ok, except for the code. I did clear it, only to have it come right back on. I have 148k on the car and I'm trying to make it last to 200k.

·
Registered
1999 Hyundai Elantra Wagon, 2003 Kia Sedona, 2012 Kia Sedona, 2007 Hyundai Tucson
48 Posts
Bank 2 codes are for the rear of the motor, aren't they? And yes, having a dead sensor will make it do weird things.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts