Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage AWD EX w/ Premium................. 2012 Kia Rio SX w/ Premium
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the words "Change Tire" displayed on the dashboard. I have read the manual and it states that some vehicles have the option to set an alarm for the tires and oil changes. I could not find this option scrolling through the information display so i figured i did not have this type, however, i must if it is showing me this warning. How do I access this information?

·
Registered
KIA Rio 1.4 CVVT 6MT/ 7" NAV/ 17"/ Leather/ Electric blue
35 Posts
Please read your car user manual on page 50-51.
This is maintenance system message.
;)

·
Registered
Accord, stick
206 Posts
That is helpful feature but it is not as 'intelligent' as other cars have (I might be wrong but cannot see intelligence reading manual); YOU basically set up maintenance interval and car compares it with mileage.
It will be much more helpful if car can analyze (oils, etc.) and then signal when to change them depending on driving style, drive conditions, etc. With tires it will be little bit more difficult; some optical or other sensor tracking loss of rubber will do.

·
Registered
KIA Rio 1.4 CVVT 6MT/ 7" NAV/ 17"/ Leather/ Electric blue
35 Posts
I do not like cars smarter than me :D

·
Registered
Rio 5dr SX Electric Blue
144 Posts
I just ran across this post. This happened to me.. randomly, while driving for no reason at all.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
With tires it will be little bit more difficult; some optical or other sensor tracking loss of rubber will do.
And how much would you like to pay for a feature like that? It'll be a long while before you see features like that at the price you paid for the Rio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts