Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,411 Posts
The entire heater box, all actuators, and the dash wiring harness would need changed, which would require the purchase of said components and complete removal of the dash to install. Still want to try it?

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
595 Posts
I have the dual zone auto air . . . I personally wouldn't waste my time/effort/money. It's a "nice" thing to have, but totally pointless in my opinion. My passenger often will increase/decrease "her" side by 1C - I mean, you wouldn't even notice that! It's either on or it's not.
My biggest beef is the poor quality of air flow when I just want air flow from outside. Always need to crack one of the back windows or the roof to allow for the air to draw through the vents.
My advice - invest your time/effort/money into other areas of mods.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,539 Posts
I agree, I don't see the point or expensive just to save not having to push a button or turn a knob.

·
Registered
Sportage 2016 Stripper model
14 Posts
Saddened by this. I came from car with fully auto climate control and it was wonderful. Hate not having it now, and have vowed to never buy a car w/o again! You set the temp to what you want, and you never have to adjust anything again. Ever. Summer, fall, winter, spring, get in an drive and it's just what you wanted. I find having to adjust fan and heat 3-4 times each per drive to be a safety issue too, constantly fiddling with dials when I would rather have my hand on the steering wheel!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts