Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd SW 1.6 CRDi Komfort -14
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Now i need your help. Have tried on other forums and also contact KIA Motors about it. I have just got my KIA Cee'd SW 1.6 crdi Komfort and want to change the license plate bulbs to LED. If you look in the manual it show a different bulb holder than I have. It's says that I should press the to plastic pieces on the side to pop-out the bulb holding house. But this model doesnt have that bulb holding house.

I have no clips on the sides, no screws, can't bend the plastic class away cause I have tried and the plastic around get damage so I stopped. I have removed the interior in the trunk and you can't access the bulbs from inside.

PS: Its halogen bulbs in it now so it has to be a way to change them because halogen bulbs doesnt have as long lifetime as a LED has.

Its weekend now so I won't get an answer from either KIA or the workshop down town before monday, so i want to hear with you guys first. I attached a picture of how it looks.

Thanks! :)

EDIT: Oh yes, it a KIA CEE'D SW 1.6 CRDI KOMFORT 2014

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro PHEV Business Luxury
26 Posts
The solution is to remove the tail lights entirely.
Open the trunk, remove the plastic cover on the side of the tail lights (2 screws). Remove the now exposed 3 another screws. Open the plastic door behind the tail lights. Inside locate another 2 screws and remove them. Unplug the power cable by pressing down a safety lid on the middle of the socket. Remove the light housing from the car. Now you can see under the outer layer, and you can also locate the clip which you have to suppress. This will open the lens cover. Take out the old bulbs by simply pulling them out. Insert the led bulbs and put the ignition on to test. If they don't light up simply change the polarity. Remove the key from ignition. Assemble everything in reverse order.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro PHEV Business Luxury
26 Posts
Open the trunk, remove the plastic cover on the side of the tail lights (2 screws).

Remove the now exposed 2 another screws. Open the plastic door behind the tail lights.

Inside locate another 2 screws and remove them.

Unplug the power cable by pressing down a safety lid on the middle of the socket.

Remove the light housing from the car.

Now you can see under the outer layer, and you can also locate the clip which you have to suppress.
This will open the lens cover.

Take out the old bulbs by simply pulling them out.

Insert the led bulbs and put the ignition on to test. If they don't light up simply change the polarity. Remove the key from ignition. Assemble everything in reverse order.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts