Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Mazda 3 GX sport, 08 Nissn Quest SL, 10 Nissan Altima SL
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These two issues are my big concern within a month of delivery. Now the vehicle has 12K on it and both of these issues are getting worse and driving me crazy. According to two dealers in Calgary it is normal... which is definitely a no no. Totally black tail pipe and 8.9 consumption is not normal. Any way long story short the third dealer in town has finally given a serious effort to diagnose the problem and have suspected the water pump can be the culprit. They have ordered a new water pump and will install this week to see if the problem persists. I am keeping my fingers crossed but still think that noise can be from the water pump but still have a doubt on the high fuel consumption can be because of that. Also the power of the vehicle is like 90 HP. On uphills it starts dying and start down shifting like crazy.

Any feed back from you guys will be highly apprecaible

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
I get City driving 8- 8.9 ( but as good as 5.0 on the highway) & the sooty tailpipe is what I have after 12 months & 9400 KM.Ticking noise @ Idle I attribute to GDI.I have no issues with power. What would the water pump have to do with your issues? Who is your dealer?

·
Registered
14 Mazda 3 GX sport, 08 Nissn Quest SL, 10 Nissan Altima SL
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First it was Northland Kia then to Kia City and now East side Kia who has suspected the water pump. The Chainish sound is with the throttle pressing and releasing. The GDI ticking sound is totally a different sound.

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
Please keep us in the loop .Hope water pump solves the problems.I would suspect Timing Chain?

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Ditto on water pump; only a worry if it's not working at all. I've seen reports of 2012 Rio having timing chain guide troubles. Noise and bad timing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts