Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Mazda 3 GX sport, 08 Nissn Quest SL, 10 Nissan Altima SL
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These two issues are my big concern within a month of delivery. Now the vehicle has 12K on it and both of these issues are getting worse and driving me crazy. According to two dealers in Calgary it is normal... which is definitely a no no. Totally black tail pipe and 8.9 consumption is not normal. Any way long story short the third dealer in town has finally given a serious effort to diagnose the problem and have suspected the water pump can be the culprit. They have ordered a new water pump and will install this week to see if the problem persists. I am keeping my fingers crossed but still think that noise can be from the water pump but still have a doubt on the high fuel consumption can be because of that. Also the power of the vehicle is like 90 HP. On uphills it starts dying and start down shifting like crazy.

Any feed back from you guys will be highly apprecaible

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Water pump won't spoil performance unless it's so bad that water is leaking/not circulating. I'd back your hunch that the noise is "Chainish". Problems have been reported with RIO timing chain guides. Possibly bad enough to affect valve timing or cam position sensor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts