Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone i have a 12 month old Cerato Koup and i have been having problems with it since new.It is a manual 6-speed,when you set off in it is really hard to balance the clutch and lurches and jumps uncontrollably.I have had into the dealer on 4 occasions on the last visit they agreed there was a serious fault with after the mechanic drove it and and couldn't stop if from jumping and kangarooing. They took the car for 5 days with little success,so they had a Kia rep come out and drive it and said he knew what it would be like before he drove it.His conclusion is that they are all like this and its consistent with build.Basically they dont know how to fix it so i have to put up with the car.You could never sell it as its that bad.Has anyone else had a similar problem and has anyone any suggestions on how to move forward with this.I have contacted Australian consumer affairs and they seem to think kia are in the wrong and should either fix the vehicle or refund me the price of the car. thanks.:)

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
What you describe is unacceptable, but since it's been going on for 12 months, it might be a bit late for a refund. Obviously, you need to get the KIA rep to show you a couple of other cars that have the same problem, to prove that it's "consistent with build".

Problem sounds like a warped clutch plate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a fuel issue not a clutch problem as when you try and set off quickly it is choking and also the less fuel in the tank the less it does it.This makes me think its could be some sort of breathing issue with the tank or fuel system.Sent all the forms off today to see what the consumer guys can do if not its off to vcal.Anyone know who i could get to do an independent report on the cars problem to back up my case.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Makes the Rep's comment even more unbelievable. In most markets, the Koup engine is the same as the sedan/hatch, so there should be no problem specific to the Koup.

How does the car run once you get it going?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once your moving if you try and drive it with any speed you can feel it choking and hanging back.The kia rep wont even come and talk to me just hides behind there call centre staff.I was reluctant to buy the car in the first place but wife loved how it looked,you can buy new VW Golf for the same price as the Kia now.Its just been a nightmare from start to finish including poor dealership service too.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,928 Posts
Are there any OBDII codes stored?? With that kind of problem the ECM/ECU SHOULD have some stored..
I'd find another KIA dealer to look at it..Explain that your "dealer" hasn't a clue.. With the car being only 12 months old it MUST be in warranty and they HAVE to solve the problem.
Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can fix the problem in less than 30 minutes. The Clutch Delay Valve (CDV) has to be removed. A quick bleeding of the clutch and problem solved.

Did it on mine not long a go. Now drives like a normal manual car. yey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts