Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rondo EX-V6 Luxury, 1990 Suzuki Escudo
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Anyone have experience with Apex brand brake pads?
And experiences with ceramic, Kevlar, and carbon fiber pads?

Thanks,
Curt

·
Registered
2008 Rondo LX - 2011 Forte EX
103 Posts
Curt,

i have been using ceramic pads on the front of my 08 for about 45k miles with no issues at all.

i noticed they do require a little more pedal pressure.

wheels stay cleaner.

they seem to be able to last another 50k miles

no regrets here

Tony

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-door, *old* 2009 Kia Rondo LX 4cyl 2.4L
492 Posts
I've been happy with the Centric Posiquiet Ceramic pads I have on my Rondo. I like the Stoptech pads better on other vehicles I've driven with before, but they are not available for the Rondo.

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,806 Posts
keep in mind one thing - racing pads can sustain higher temps, what means the operate the beast at some certain temp; hence in regular/city driving they will not work as good as ceramic...
I hope it makes sense.

It is just like slick tires - you do not use them on daily driver car (sorry, some in MI do... all year long) even they provide much better grip (in dry).

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would recommend Posi Quiet ceramic pads because it gives off low dust and low brake noise but don't have as much braking power compared to the Stoptechs since the material is different. As for the Stoptechs, they are racing pads like PLP said so they obviously have better braking power but has high dust and high brake noise. Since this is a van, going with the ceramics would be best.

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rondo EX-V6 Luxury, 1990 Suzuki Escudo
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, so I went for ceramic pads anyways. They were included with the rotor kit so I went for it. I got front and rear rotors and pads out of Ontario Canada for about $200. Put over 2000 km on them so far and they seem fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts