Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
.my key fob will open my car but will not lock it.
.i can lock the whole of my car by pressing down the passenger front side button.
. My driver side button will only lock my door .
Any idea on how I can fix this ? I'm due to have it go to mechanics but I'm wondering if ther is a cheaper ways of fixing it myself ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had a similar problem for sometime and it was intermittent, I have got as far as working out its a problem with the wiring loom in the passenger door hinge as I can make it come and go by moving it, suspect broken wire. Not sure i like the next step lols

·
Registered
15 Posts
FIXED MINE!!
It was the passenger door wiring but not a broken wire, instead it was a dirty connector.
The door "plugs into" the door pillar, this is extremely difficult to get at due to the location.
To remove, gently remove the boot first, then prise the body out of the door pillar by releasing the top and bottom latches till you can pull it an inch or so free of the piller
then seperate the two halves of the connector, there is a latch halfway along the backside
then clean the contacts with an aerosole cleaner, re-assemble the two halves and test
assuming your locking now works the tricky bit begins
with the connector still removed from the piller, put the boot back on
only then click the whole thing back in

so far a week or so and no recurrance of the problem :)

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,924 Posts
You might want to apply some silicon paste all over the insides of that plug/socket. It won't hurt the electrical flow nor the connections it just keep the water out...
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts