Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This week the car started having issues with the central locking, both via key and the door switches. The car only unlocks centrally but will not lock via the key fob or door switches. If I push the lock button on the fob all I hear is a light beep from the fuse box area under the steering side no relay noise at all. Same from the door switch. Unlocking works normally from both.

I tried the spare also, I can't see any obvious issues. It isn't the fuse since that controls both locking and unlocking. No loose wires I can see. All locks work individually.

I have a strong suspicion that it is the lock relay.

Any advice?

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

This week the car started having issues with the central locking, both via key and the door switches. The car only unlocks centrally but will not lock via the key fob or door switches. If I push the lock button on the fob all I hear is a light beep from the fuse box area under the steering side no relay noise at all. Same from the door switch. Unlocking works normally from both.

I tried the spare also, I can't see any obvious issues. It isn't the fuse since that controls both locking and unlocking. No loose wires I can see. All locks work individually.

I have a strong suspicion that it is the lock relay.

Any advice?

Thank you
My Kia Picanto 1.2 2012 model have the same problem today. Any way to resolve the issue?

·
Super Moderator
9,541 Posts
My Kia Picanto 1.2 2012 model have the same problem today. Any way to resolve the issue?
Please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

·
Registered
1 Posts

Me too same make model and year, any resolution yet? I found, whilst trying to look for loose wires etc, that the door is open and you attempt to lock it (with key or door button) there is a louder clunking sound as if there is an attempt to lock it which doesn't happen if all doors are shut. Started to make me think it might actually be a programming issue so going to disconnect the battery today. Any help appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,541 Posts
Me too same make model and year, any resolution yet? I found, whilst trying to look for loose wires etc, that the door is open and you attempt to lock it (with key or door button) there is a louder clunking sound as if there is an attempt to lock it which doesn't happen if all doors are shut. Started to make me think it might actually be a programming issue so going to disconnect the battery today. Any help appreciated.
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

https://www.kia-forums.com/threads/forum-rules.27240/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts