Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all first time user so here goes my mother in law has just brought a second hand kia sedona 2.9 tdi 03 plate 2 years in march the problem is the remote control does not seem to work she has put a new battrey in and it lights up but still does not do anything other and that has the key fob got to be programmed in and if so how...thanks for taking the time to read this and a happy new year to you all....chris....

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
245 Posts
Hi

Have a 54 plate Sedona that developed a problem with one of the remotes where it would not lock or unlock. The little red led on the top did not flash so immediately thought battery but why it was only 2 months old. Gave it a little tap and it started working. Opened it up cleaned the contacts and all now OK.

If more serious then take to Kia dealer as it should still be covered under warranty. Always had good service from NK at Nottingham.

Simon

Ps you should have 2 remotes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for the reply yes there is 2 remotes and they both light up but only since putting new batterys in but i thought there might be a way of programming the remotes like when i had a vaxhall vectra you could program the remote and you turn the key on and off the press the remote key again it recoded it but if all else fails then yes i will tell her to go to NK thanks once again..chris..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts