Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now here's a problem for anyone.........
Car is a 2003 Carens 2.0 CRDi SE. When locking/unlocking doors, either with the remote function or with key in lock, everything is always normal, i.e. all doors and tailgate locks, internal and external indicator lights operate correctly.
BUT .....
After the car has been standing for a while, (e.g. overnight) relay/s or switch/es (which sound to me to be on all doors and tailgate) proceed to make/break for varied lengths of time - sometimes up to 30 actions. No locking or unlocking action takes place and no indicator lights are illuminated. This also happens occasionally when the car is on the road or has been parked and locked for a shorter time.
Local KIA garage has had the car in three times, two separate parts have (reputedly) been changed to date with no effect.
Anyone got any bright ideas ? (It's so aggranoying on an otherwise fault free car!).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kerapu -
Thanks your interest. The answer is NO! My local KIA garage have had the car in again (fourth time), after having been in touch with KIA UK Technical Department, and they are now awaiting a part to arrive. So I live in hope .... Will advise of any positive outcome - but don't hold your breath!!

·
Registered
2004 Kia Carens
42 Posts
Sorry, can't help you out as have not encounter this problem...
Might be the electrical wiring..just a wild guess :(

Alternatively you might want to install aftermarket alarm and disable the original alarm.... :57:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:grin: Now a happy Bunny!! :grin:
Congratulations to my KIA local agents who have persisted and had my car in six times to try and trace what was an intermittent fault. The fault was eventually traced to the passenger (left hand) door lock. I think it was about the only bit of the system they hadn't already had apart and checked! Don't know exactly how many man hours they spent on it but it must have been quite a few, and all done under warranty - the car is just over two years old.
Well done KIA MK and very many thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts