Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Carens 3 YM14
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The drivers seat back support keeps creeping back when driving. The seat can go out of adjustment by half a turn on the adjuster knob in as little as 30 minutes.

Been to the local deal who said its a "new one on them", they will write to Kia for some direction.

1. Has anyone else had this seat issue?

2. Is it normal to write to Kia before a repair under warrantee?

Thanks in advance.

:(

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Some owners here experienced reluctance to fix some things in warranty because there were no error codes on the diagnostics.
I doubt a faulty seat will raise an error code :D but normally, they should see the issue, acknowledge it and fix it.

If they start making problems, just pick another place to report it to.

·
Registered
Kia Carens 3 YM14
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They checked the seat out and it needs a new seat back. So I am awaiting spares. The parts are on back order. That was nearly 4 weeks ago. Any ideas on how long this might take?

Cheers

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Glad they've found a fault brixmis, hope the back-order isn't too long for you.
Maybe worth calling KIA UK customer services, giving your registration should bring up your current issue & they may be able to give a lead time.

·
Registered
Kia Carens 3 YM14
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 Months Later

2 months later, and still the wait goes on. The fault was noted within a month of delivery but reported as it got worse at the 3 month point.

Please tell me this is the exception to the 7 year warrantee rule!!:mad:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Phone Kia Customer Services if the garage will not help. Kia and other manufacturers don't stock spares like seats since they are rarely needed but 2 months is a long time when we got a whole car in 6 weeks. Could be the change to the new model that is delaying parts for the "old" model, happened with a car dad had some years ago, they tend to concentrate on the new model and forget the old one.

Had the seat creep issue on a Golf some years ago but simply adjusted it when I could not reach the steering wheel. Did 120,000 miles like that.

·
Registered
Kia Carens 3 YM14
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could put up with it, but why should I after £16.5k and with a 7 year warrantee! But I know what you mean 7.

·
Registered
Kia Carens 3 YM14
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Woo Hoo my Cee'd went in to-day for a new seat frame. Fingers crossed! :)

·
Registered
863 Posts
Whoop whoop !!
Hope they sort it pretty quick mate, unless you've got something cooler as a loan car :D

·
Registered
Kia Carens 3 YM14
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2 hours and the seat frame was changed and 1 extra scratch in the drivers door shut :(

·
Registered
863 Posts
It came back to you with a scratch that wasn't there on arrival?
Chances of help depends if you noticed at the time, or once you'd got home :(

Hope the seat is miles better for you mate.

·
Registered
Kia Carens 3 YM14
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seat now fantastic, but another 2 scratches. If back in tomorrow to have the door shut sprayed......

·
Registered
863 Posts
Good to hear they're sorting it for you mate, and great to hear the seat's all sorted too.

·
Registered
Kia Carens 3 YM14
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At last.....Jobs a good un! :D ;) :D: clap:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts