Kia Forum banner

441 - 444 of 444 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2010 kia soul, i thought the transmission was slipping so i took it to the transmission shop, they tested in and said it had a cyl. 3 miss, upon changing the plugs the #3 plug was bad , but the #2 cyl, had about a inch of yellow water sitting on the plug,,,, no water in the oil and it has never ran hot, any ideas?? thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have a 2010 kia soul, i thought the transmission was slipping so i took it to the transmission shop, they tested in and said it had a cyl. 3 miss, upon changing the plugs the #3 plug was bad , but the #2 cyl, had about a inch of yellow water sitting on the plug,,,, no water in the oil and it has never ran hot, any ideas?? thanks
The water has possibly just collected there over time unnoticed. Dry it out and monitor the situation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can see that it´s been some time since last update on this thread so I don´t know if people are still experiencing this problem.

Anyway, here is a description of what I experienced and what was the fix of my issue. Maybe there is a lost soul out there, just as I was for several weeks.

I have been experiencing the vast blue smoke on a cold start and it has been going on for some time. The weird part was that it only appeared, when the outside temperature was above 10 °C (absolutely no sense, right?!). I have checked all what I found on the internet to be reported as a problem and maybe much more above that but nothing helped. At the end, we started testing thoroughly everything that has to do with measuring the temperature.

And what we found was a dirty connector for the IATSensor on the MAFS. After cleaning the car was again running as it should.

I hope this might help someone in need!

Greetings!

441 - 444 of 444 Posts