Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For insurance purposes I need to know what sort of alarm is fitted to a standard Ceed. I have a 2012 ceed 3 (not new model).

·
Registered
Ceed 1.6crdi ('07)
648 Posts
For insurance purposes I need to know what sort of alarm is fitted to a standard Ceed. I have a 2012 ceed 3 (not new model).
...a noisy one which gets ignored?

If the car is standard spec, isn't that sufficient information for them?

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ceed car alarm

Thanks for your help folks. Seems I will put down on form saying alarm type is "standard factory fit"

·
Registered
2010 Kia Cee'd 2 - 124BHP 1.6petrol
560 Posts
I have yet to set my alarm off in anyway and dont know how to without smashing a window (not fond of that idea to test I have one!).

So, How do you set your own alarm off? in the Focus, if you unlock the car with the key, then dont put the key in the ignition to disable the imobiliser, then it sets off, but nothing I do so far, will set the alarm off! lol

I do question if there is even one on it though :(

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
I set mine off once, accidentally:
Think I unlocked car with the key in door, not the unlock button on fob, opened door & alarm sounded.
Seemed to work ok, scared the bejeezus outta me at least :D

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
I set mine off once, accidentally:
Think I unlocked car with the key in door, not the unlock button on fob, opened door & alarm sounded.
Seemed to work ok, scared the bejeezus outta me at least :D
I did the very same thing! :lol:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Makes ya wonder why though! Been years since I've needed to manually unlock a car. Guess the old grey matter regresses sometimes :D

·
Registered
863 Posts
You could try it when you get back to car during the day, just unlock with key not fob & see if that sets her off. It only beeps the horn, no siren or anything fancy.

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
I wonder if it would go off when you unlock it if you lock the car with the key rather than the fob? Might have to try that!

·
Registered
Kia pro_ceed 1.6Ex
52 Posts
I wonder if it would go off when you unlock it if you lock the car with the key rather than the fob? Might have to try that!
No, will not. The central locking activates the alarm. To activate it, you have to close the car with the fob.
Then, wait 5 min or so for it to activate. Then, if you open the door, alarm will go off. Can do it as well if you are sitting inside the car, remove the key from the contact and close the car (fob or button on dash). Then,after 5 min, open the door. Alarm will go off.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Surely alarm shouldn't sound if the handle's pulled, but only if a door/boot is opened!

I take it you still haven't managed to 'accidently' set off your alarm then mate?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.