Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, purchased a new Ceed from factory. Unfortunately, the alarm would go off each day about the same time in the morning. Took it back to dealers but fault was never found even after replacing sensor parts etc. Took me a few months to sort it out but I did. Is there anyone here who might know what the fault was. I will give an answer soon. ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
OK, purchased a new Ceed from factory.
Are you sure. Its normal to buy from a dealer in the country where you live. Hell of a way to drive to Slovakia. Did not think any manufacturers would deal direct. Did you get a better deal buying this way.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure. Its normal to buy from a dealer in the country where you live. Hell of a way to drive to Slovakia. Did not think any manufacturers would deal direct. Did you get a better deal buying this way.
Sorry for confusion. I meant to say that I purchased new from local dealer here in uk and presume it came direct from factory to him:D

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
Very funny. As soon as I get my breath back from laughing this loud I will focus on the original post of this thread and try to think of a reason for alarm to go off as described.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slovenian creature of the night

OK here is the answer to my quiz.
A Slovenian moth had crept into my Ceed in the factory. Every morning between 9-10am as the sun was rising and the outside temperature rose then the moth would fly from its hiding place, fly around quickly and then hide. It would always set off the alarm. But, by the time I got to the car each time and opened the door the moth had already set off the alarm and gone into hiding! After several weeks I caught him and maybe will return him to Slovenia sometime:D

·
Registered
'10 Cee'd SW diesel autoshift
97 Posts
Oh I see the answer to the mystery is posted... Sovenian-Slovakian, never mind that, but are you serious...? Moth? Really?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I see the answer to the mystery is posted... Sovenian-Slovakian, never mind that, but are you serious...? Moth? Really?
Yes, it was a moth but as I said as soon as I went to open the car each day, it had already disappeared. I had new sensors and various electronics fitted by dealer but of course that did not solve the problem. This moth was outside temperature sensitive and waited for the correct amount of light outside before it woke up!:D

·
Registered
246 Posts
A Slovenian moth had crept into my Ceed in the factory. Every morning between 9-10am as the sun was rising and the outside temperature rose then the moth would fly from its hiding place, fly around quickly and then hide. It would always set off the alarm.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that is simply not possible. The Ceed does not have a sensing alarm, its only perimeter. There are NO internal sensors. For the moth to set off the alarm it would have needed to open the doors.

Think you need to find a better explanation than that.

·
Registered
pro_ceed 1.6 CRDi 66kw (2008)
725 Posts
^ I thought the same, as this is the case with my old 2008 pro.

However I thought times have changed since and cee'd got a proper alarm, with motion sensors.

·
Registered
87 Posts
OK here is the answer to my quiz.
A Slovenian moth had crept into my Ceed in the factory. Every morning between 9-10am as the sun was rising and the outside temperature rose then the moth would fly from its hiding place, fly around quickly and then hide. It would always set off the alarm. But, by the time I got to the car each time and opened the door the moth had already set off the alarm and gone into hiding! After several weeks I caught him and maybe will return him to Slovenia sometime:D
Sorry but have a bit of bad news for you. Most Butterflys/moths have a life expectancy of 1 to 2 weeks. It would have been dead long before it arrived in this country. Some can live for a while longer but to suggest it lived for several months would be a new record. What would it live on for starters?

Checked the date and there is no mention of April 1st so its not an intended joke, I think.

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
Sorry but have a bit of bad news for you. Most Butterflys/moths have a life expectancy of 1 to 2 weeks.... What would it live on for starters?
Unless it was the infamous Giant Slovenian Cedar Moth aka Perpetualis!
They live in colonies small colonies, each generation farming the next so a new moth reaches fruition every 10 days, they live on a specifically harvested Slovakian Funghi which smells quite like peanut butter on alternate Tuesdays.

If Wurzel occasionally sensed Peanut butter after the alarm, it was definitely this rare beastie.

:lol::lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts